Bent Knee Push Up – Redcord Sling
Bent knee push up on a redcord sling is a perfect tennis fitness exercise that activates many muscles in your upper body. This exercise will mainly work on your chest muscles, but since the redcord is unstable you will work on many more muscles such as; triceps, shoulder, core muscles. You will also be able to go deeper than normal push ups which will activate the upper back muscles. I really love this exercise, and I think every tennis player should have a redcord mini in their tennis bag or in their home.
At the age of 12, you can start using the bent knee push up exercise with a redcord.
- Set up your mini redcord, with the straps about 20cm over the ground.
- Sit down on your knees.
- Lean forward and grab the straps or handles. Create a straight line in your body from the knees, through the torso and out through the head.
- Slowly bend your elbows, and lower your body to the floor. Continue lowering yourself until your chest or chin touches the ground.
- Press upward through your arms by having a rigid torso and making sure that you have your head in a line with your spine.
- When lowering yourself or pressing upwards, make sure you don’t let your lower back sag or your hips hike upward.
- Your elbows should stay close to your body, and your elbows can flare outwards just slightly.
- When you are able to do this exercise perfectly with 3 sets and 10-15 repetitions, you can move on to regular push ups in a redcord.